32nd Annual Lighting Ceremony
This Glenwood Springs tradition is a memorable celebration including a craft show, musical entertainment, and visits with Santa Clause. The program wraps up with over half a million Christmas lights turned on simultaneously and a firework show from the top of the hotel! It’s free to the public and the perfect way to kick off the holiday season!
Join us on Friday, November 25th for the 32nd Annual Lighting Ceremony at the Hotel Colorado in Glenwood Springs to kick off the start of the holiday season! This FREE event is family-friendly and open to all!
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS: (*TBD & Subject to Change)
- 3:00pm to 5:00pm: Live Ice Carving Demonstration in the Courtyard
- 3:00pm to 8:00pm: The Photo Lab Bar - Free Holiday Photo Booth in the Garden Room/East Veranda near the Courtyard sponsored by Hotel Colorado
- Meet & Greet with Santa in the Devereux Ballroom from 3:15pm to 5:15pm, 5:30pm to 6:45pm and 7:45pm to 9pm
- 3:00pm to 8:00pm: Gingerbread Competition in the Roosevelt Banquet Room Hosted by The Glenwood Springs Historical Society
- 5pm to 5:45pm: Performance by Symphony in the Valley in the Colorado Room
- 5:00pm to 8:00pm: Boy Scout Troop #225 sells Hot Cocoa & Cookies on 6th Street
- 7:00pm: The Denver Dolls caroling in the lobby
- 7:45pm to 8:30pm: Performance by Symphony in the Valley in the Colorado Room
MAIN STAGE AGENDA:
- 6:00pm: Welcome by Melville Family & Hotel Colorado President, Christian Henny
- 6:10pm: Glenwood Springs High School ROTC
- 6:15pm: Liberty Classical Academy sings Christmas favorites
- 6:30pm: Live Christmas Music from Acoustic Artist
- 6:40pm: Legacy Dance Company performs dance routines to various Christmas songs
- 6:50pm: The Denver Dolls singing various Christmas Songs
- 7:00pm: Performance by Dance of The Sacred Fire
- 7:10pm: Lighting Ceremony & Fireworks Show countdown lead by Santa Claus, Marian Melville & Christian Henny
- 7:15pm: Lighting and Fireworks Show Begins!
526 Pine Street, Glenwood Springs 81601